Wednesday, January 29, 2014

How did I save life





Last November 4, 2013 is one of the greatest days I had experienced in 2013. This was the year where I volunteered to donate my blood. It was my first time and I had no idea of what to do.

I got this idea of donating my blood when I was taken as a volunteer of Jollibee SM Masinag to assist the Red Cross volunteers in their “blood donation campaign” in St. Therese Parish Church in front of SM Masinag.

At first I was thinking to go to Red Cross center in Marikina to voluntarily donate my blood but at that moment no one accompanied me and it is a bit father from where I was. I was in the school campus assessing my registration form. So I decided to go to the nearest hospital which is the AMANG Rodrigues hospital. But before your blood is taken you will pass through some tests, form to fill up and answer the questions from the staff. Those steps are done to know if you’re healthy and qualified to donate.


I was qualified when those tests are done and while I was injected by huge needle I felt a bit pain. But the pain will immediately go thinking that you will save peoples life by donating your blood. By donating blood you don’t just help others life it also cleanse your blood circulation for better health because I believe that health is wealth.

This coming February I am planning to do it again but this time it will be on the Red Cross center. So I’m encouraging you all to join me and let’s volunteer to save life and be a hero. :)


2 comments:

  1. There is no act too small, right? What you did is a blessing to others. Don't stop doing it, in time, you will reap what you sow. You will gain something good in return in God's time.

    I've seen what you are wearing as well, it's a "tulong shirt". I'm glad that you are willing to help others. Continue on what you are doing. God bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad that you were able to engage yourself with that kind of activity. keep it up and continue saving lives :-)

    ReplyDelete